In partnership with the SA TA team, H-CAP can engage with healthcare apprenticeship grantees to:
- Provide available programmatic, local, and/or state level best practices.
- Help grantees connect with resources around building apprenticeships for non-English speakers and immigrant populations.
- Assist grantees in locating apprenticeships available in the behavioral health field.
- Develop outreach strategies to engage major health clinics to nationally scale apprenticeships.
After the conversation with the H-CAP representative, grantees discussed implementation challenges and brainstormed strategic solutions. They shared:
- Employer and participant involvement successes including:
- Increased participant engagement.
- Growing employer interest in grantee apprenticeship programs.
- Employer engagement implementation challenges such as:
- Figuring out how to work within the grant requirements to recruit and retain participants and employers.
- Trying to convince reluctant healthcare facilities to accept more CNAs.
- Employer engagement resources and guidance that has helped improve grantee employer engagement.