The SA Healthcare Affinity Group gathered for their monthly meeting to reflect on recent employer engagement workshops. They also discussed one grantee’s efforts to build a strong student-employee pipeline to local hospital systems.
Initial Approach to Employer Recruitment
Grantee shared strategies or establishing employer engagements including:
- Proactively building connections with employers ahead of time allows for an easier transition once grant details have been finalized.
- Preparing employer contacts to effectively pitch apprenticeships to their HR departments is similarly crucial.
Useful Employer Engagement Tools and Strategies
- Hold weekly and monthly meetings with all employer partners.
- Regular communication helps the implementation team strengthen the relationship with employers as well as keeps them informed of the labor demands of the employers.
- Develop stronger project management practices to help the implementation team stay on task.